Optimized Mozilla Firefox Build for Linux
There are deb files available for Swiftfox, they should be compatible
with Debian based distros. Swiftfox will be installed to
/usr/lib/swiftox. All Swiftfox builds are 32-bit, including the AMD64 build.
If you need help please ask on the Swiftfox Forum.
Either one of the forum members or myself will be able to help you.
Instructions for installing with apt-get
- Add the repository to /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://getswiftfox.com/builds/debian unstable non-free
- Install from a terminal window as root using the correct package name:
apt-get update && apt-get install swiftfox-prescott
Package names are based on the specific architecture and can be found
here. If you are not
sure which architecture you need for your processor
this chart should help.
Instructions for manual installation
- Download the appropriate deb file for your computer
- Open a terminal window
- Install the deb file by typing the following:
sudo dpkg -i swiftfox-3.6.13-1_prescott.deb
The file name will vary depending on which one you download.
- Launch Swiftfox by selecting it from the menu or by typing swiftfox in a terminal.
Select your processor